Broiled Lemon-Garlic Shrimp
• 1/3 c. olive oil
• Grated peel of one large lemon
• .25 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
• .25 c. chopped cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
• 2 tbsp. El Guapo® Cuban Bitters
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
• .5 tsp. Crystal or Tabasco hot sauce
• 2 lbs deveined large shrimp with tails on, about 21/25 size
• 8 (10-inch) skewers (soaked 30 minutes if wooden)
In a non-metallic bowl, combine ingredients except shrimp and skewers; stir well. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Add to marinade and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1.5 hours.
Heat broiler. Line a large sheet tray with foil and top with a baking rack. Drain shrimp and thread on skewers; place skewers on rack. Broil 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with lemon slices, if desired.