A signature of our Fall Favorites cocktail class, our Seasonal Bourbon Milk Punch is a riff on the classic New Orleans milk punch utilizing Sweet Potato Syrup as opposed to simple syrup or sugar. Our Sweet Potato Syrup is the PERFECT alternative to Pumpkin Spice.
Seasonal Bourbon Milk Punch
Makes one cocktail
• 3 oz “Magic” (recipe below)
• 2 oz bourbon (we used Thirteenth Colony, but any quality bourbon will do)
• 1 oz El Guapo® Sweet Potato Syrup
• 3 dashes El Guapo® Chicory Pecan Bitters OR El Guapo® Holiday Pie Bitters
• Whole nutmeg or powdered sugar, for garnish
In a clean shaker filled with ice, pour magic, bourbon, bitters of choice & syrup. Shake until well chilled, and strain into a lowball glass over ice. Garnish with powdered sugar OR freshly grated nutmeg if desired.
• 2 cups 2% milk
• .5 cups half & half
• .5 cups powdered sugar
• 1 tsp whole ground vanilla bean pods (or 1 tbs quality vanilla extract)
To make Magic, combine milk, half & half and powdered sugar in a clean, empty 750 mL liquor bottle or beverage decanter with a cap. Add vanilla bean pods and seal, shaking vigorously to combine. Refrigerate remaining liquid for up to 3 days.