This recipe was created by our friend The Sauceress. Happy Holidays, everyone!
All Sauced Up 2.0
Makes one cocktail
• 1.5 oz bourbon (we used @russellsreservebourbon)
• .5 oz grand marnier
• 1 oz cranberry sauce syrup (recipe below)
• .5 oz tangerine juice (we love @nataliesoj)
• 5 dashes El Guapo® Chicory Pecan Bitters
• squeeze lemon
• soda water
• rosemary sprigs
• cinnamon stick, for garnish
Crush rosemary and add to a clean shaker with lemon juice and whiskey. Muddle well. Add ice and all other ingredients except soda water. Shake and strain into a cup full of crushed ice. Top off with soda. Garnish with cranberries, mandarin wedges, more rosemary and a cinnamon stick.
Cranberry Sauce Syrup
• 1 cup 100% cranberry juice
• .5 cup tangerine or orange juice
• .33 cup granulated sugar
• Mixed Spices (we used whole allspice, whole cloves, whole green cardamom, cinnamon stick pieces, coriander seed, star anise, pink peppercorns, and a few pieces of fresh ginger. Use just a few pinches of each spice!)
Add all ingredients to a saucepan. Stir until sugar is dissolved and then simmer on medium heat until it reduces to a syrupy consistency. Cool mixture to room temperature before bottling. Will keep in fridge for up to two weeks. This recipe yields ~4 oz. of syrup, so double up to make more than four cocktails.