This zero proof recipe comes to us from Colleen Nealo, mixologist at Porta in Philadelphia.
The Pot Luck
Makes one drink
• 4 oz mulled pineapple juice (recipe below)
• 1/2 oz El Guapo® Sweet Potato Syrup
• 1/2 oz El Guapo® Falernum
• Whipped cream & chocolate sugar, for garnish
Mix juice, syrup, and Falernum in a glass. Top mixture with whipped cream, and decorate using a 50/50 mixture of instant cocoa powder and white sugar. Cheers!
Zero Proof Mulled Pineapple Juice
Makes ~3 cups
• 4 cups fresh pineapple juice
• 2 cinnamon sticks
• 1 tbsp whole allspice berries
• 1 tbsp black peppercorns
• 1 tbsp whole cloves
• 1 vanilla bean pod, split in half lengthwise, seeds scraped out
Place allspice, peppercorns, cloves, and cinnamon sticks in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add pineapple juice, scraped vanilla bean pod and seeds, bringing to a simmer over medium heat.Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and discard solids. Mixture will keep in refrigerator for up to two weeks.