Originally part of The Sauceress’ 2021 12 days of Tiki, this flaming tiki libation will entertain your friends for hours. Wishing you and yours all the best in the New Year!
x The Sauceress
Makes one cocktail
• 5 oz Dark Spiced Rum
• .5 oz Overproof Rum
• .5 oz Ginger Liqueur (she used @barrowsintense)
• 2 5 oz Campari
• 2 oz Pomegranate Juice
• .5 oz Black Pepper Syrup (recipe below)
• .75 oz Lime Juice
• .25 oz El Guapo® Orgeat
• 10 dashes El Guapo® Polynesian Kiss Bitters
• 4 dashes El Guapo® Fuego Bitters
• Star fruit slices slices, Key Limes + matches/lighter (optional), for garnish.
Combine all ingredients except overproof rum in a cocktail shaker with crushed or nugget ice. Shake to chill then pour straight into a glass. Garnish with star fruit slices. Optional – hollow out half of a key lime. Fill with overproof rum and very carefully light on fire. You know, to impress your friends! Otherwise, just float overproof rum right on top.
Black Pepper Syrup
• 1 cup White Sugar
• 1 cup Water
• 2 tablespoons whole Black Peppercorns, freshly crushed in a pestle
Bring water to a boil and lower heat to medium. Pour in sugar and stir to dissolve. Add peppercorns, stirring gently to combine, and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat to cool, and strain through a fine mesh sieve into a mason jar. Syrup will keep refrigerated for up to two weeks.